In just 25 minutes and 4 ingredients this blackberry thyme salmon will be ready and on your table!
I’m not joking. It looks fancy and perfect for spring and/or summer and it’s crazy easy to make.
If you’re following me on Instagram or Twitter, you know I’m working on #100daysofsimplicty. My goal is to simplify my life as much as possible. This includes working to transform my house into a minimalist home, creating and using natural household and beauty products, and creating recipes with five or less ingredients to really enjoy their natural flavors. I’ve been really enjoying it and this recipe emerged from it.
You pretty much know what’s in blackberry thyme salmon just from its name. The only other ingredient is honey but I thought adding that would just make the name waaaay too long. Okay, I’m not counting salt, pepper, and oil as an ingredient because those are usually on hand and act as enhancers. So you’ve been warned, there will most likely be those ingredients in addition to the said ingredients I’m listing.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Pre-heat your over to 425 degrees. While you wait, prepare your salmon by rinsing it off then patting it dry. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to your liking. When the oven is ready, place the fish inside and set timer for 25 minutes.
Now that your salmon is cooking you can prepare the sauce! Wash and pat dry your blackberries and place in a medium saucepan. Add thyme, honey, and a pinch of salt.
I love watching honey drizzle! If you don’t have honey, you can use 2 TBSP of sugar.
When the ingredients start to warm up, mash and stir the berries with a potato masher. You’ll end with something similar to this consistency. Turn off the heat and allow to settle until your fish is done. When your timer goes off, make sure you fish is nice and flaky. If it’s not quite ready yet (depending on the thickness of your fish) cook for another 5 minutes.
Pour blackberry sauce over salmon, but reserve some for additional toppings for individual plates.
Tada! All ready for your table!
What types of spring/summer dishes do you like to eat? Let me know in the comments or send me a Tweet @apronwarrior
- 2 lbs salmon
- 8 oz blackberries
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed from the stem
- 2 TBSP honey or sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven pre-heats, wash and pat dry your salmon. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place salmon in oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, prepare your blackberry sauce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add your blackberries, thyme leaves, honey, and a pinch of salt.
- Mash ingredients with a potato masher until you reach a syrupy consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit until salmon is done.
- When the timer goes off, check to make sure your salmon is a nice flaky consistency. If it isn't quite there yet (depending on the thickness of fish) allow to bake for another 5 minutes. Check again.
- Once the salmon is done, pour blackberry sauce over the salmon, reserving some for individual toppings.
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- How to Choose the Best Game for Your Crowd - May 13, 2017
- How to Save Money Without Couponing - May 9, 2017
- How to Care for and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board - May 8, 2017