Buffalo chicken soup is zesty, spicy, and comforting all in one.
This soup works great on rainy days, for game nights, or just about anytime. It’s basically eating buffalo wings without the messy fingers. This will make cold nights disappear and your sinuses clear up. The taste is amazing in an “I can’t get enough” type of way.
Chris is a huge fan of buffalo chicken anything. Honestly, anything spicy he loves, but buffalo chicken soup holds a special place in his heart. I used to make this soup for him often and today I realized it had been years since we’ve had it. Years guys. How does that happen? I’m going to have to start creating a spreadsheet to check off what meals I’ve made just to make sure certain meals aren’t forgotten.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP! This is seriously amazing and I’d eat it all the time if it didn’t have so much sodium from Frank’s Sauce in it. It might not be the healthiest recipe, but it certainly works for those special days. This soup is also crazy easy to make, the hardest part is cutting up the chicken and garlic.
So! Let’s get to it!
In a large pot, add your butter and garlic. Sautee until garlic is fragrant. Once that’s done, add your chicken and brown it. Pepper your chicken but DO NOT add salt! Please don’t add salt, this recipe is salty enough and you will not need any addition salt. When your chicken has browned, add your chicken stock. Let this cook for about 15-20 minutes.
Easy so far right? Now you’re just going to add your buffalo sauce and stir.
Add the cheeses and mix until incorporated into the soup. It doesn’t look very pretty now, but it will soon! Allow to cook for 10 more minutes.
Add your heavy cream, cilantro, and green onions and cook for five more minutes and you’re done! Sprinkle with more green onions and some gorgonzola cheese and serve!
Do you like buffalo chicken soup? Do you eat it on any special occasions? Let me know in the comments below or send me a tweet @apronwarrior
Pin for later!
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Hot wing sauce
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Green onions
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken to the pot and brown on all sides. Pepper chicken to your liking BUT DO NOT ADD SALT!
- Add chicken broth and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour hot wing sauce into the soup and add cheese, stirring until everything is incorporated.
- Allow soup to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into soup and add cilantro and green onions. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with green onions and gorgonzola as additional topping
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- How to Choose the Best Game for Your Crowd - May 13, 2017
- How to Save Money Without Couponing - May 9, 2017
- How to Care for and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board - May 8, 2017